Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion I've had this book since November 2010...and I only just got round to reading it in January. Shocking, I know, but I had some other books that I wanted to read first, and I just never got round to reading it last year. But in January, I was going to an open day at Coventry University, and I needed a book to help me get through the journey home. I knew I'd had Warm Bodies on my shelf for ages, and it seemed like the perfect time to read it! I am so glad I picked it up. Warm Bodies tells the story of R, a zombie, during a 'zombie pandemic' I guess. R, although not a man of many words (not his fault!) was a perfect main character. I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of fell in love with him? Warm Bodies was a fantastic read, and it was a very enjoyable book after Death In Venice. I'm sure not everyone will be crazy on this book - not everyone is crazy about zombies. But Warm Bodies made a lovely change from my 'safe' supernatural books (Twilight, the Mortal Instruments Series, etc), and I will most definitely be re-reading this again!