13 Little Blue Envelopes  - Maureen Johnson This review was first posted on Music, Books and Tea.It shouldn’t come as any surprise to you that I love reading books about road trips, and just generally epic journeys. So I was extremely excited to read 13 Little Blue Envelopes, and for the most part, I wasn’t disappointed by it.Unsurprisingly, the thing I liked the most about 13 Little Blue Envelopes was the journey that Ginny finds herself on. Maureen Johnson concocted a pretty awesome cross-country road trip, and I liked how the envelopes were filled with suspense, as Ginny had no clue where she was going next or what her task was going to be when she got there. The mystery element of 13 Little Blue Envelopes really appealed to me, and was a huge reason why I kept reading the book. Yes, it was unrealistic (what teenager is allowed to go on a road trip to Europe by herself only having hand-written letters as her form of communication?!) but it was also fun, and Maureen Johnson had a way of adding excitement to every part of Ginny’s trip.For the most part, I found Keith to be a really entertaining character. I was a little confused by him at first, but I came around to him pretty quickly. I liked how he and Ginny were polar opposites, yet completely drawn to one another. The way she stumbled into his life was great, I just wish that he had accompanied Ginny on more of her trip instead of leaving her in Scotland over a disagreement. Not cool, Keith. Not cool.I did find myself really disliking Ginny’s Aunt though. And I totally got why Keith wasn’t too impressed with her either. I loved that she created this magical journey for Ginny to go on and it helped her to find herself, but I really hated the fact that she didn’t tell Ginny what was wrong with her sooner. There were just so many things that I was not okay with in terms of her Aunt, and that hampered my enjoyment of the book a lot.13 Little Blue Envelopes was a book that I desperately wanted to love with all my heart, but I had a few too many problems to be able to do just that. Ultimately, it is a fun, cute read, and I can’t wait to read more of Maureen Johnson’s work. Will I be reading the follow-up to this book? Definitely, but I can’t say that I’ll be dropping everything on my TBR pile to do so.