The Fault in Our Stars - John Green This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaI had been eagerly awaiting this book's release since I pre-ordered it all the way back in August. John Green is an author on my 'auto-buy' list, I adore everything the man writes. So to say I was excited to read TFiOS would be a huge understatement. I tore through this book in about three hours and wanted to re-read it immediately. I laughed and I cried, and I was very sad when it ended. What worked for me: One of the reasons I love John Green is his ability to write brilliant characters. He has an excellent 'teenage voice' (if that makes sense?). To me, all his characters are real, they don't feel force, and are far from being two-dimensional. This did not change at all with TFiOS. Hazel has become one of my all-time favourite female protagonists in a book. She didn't beat around the bush with her illness. She had cancer, she had to live attached to an oxygen tank, yet she was so believable. Yes, she was snarky and appeared to be a little bit too clever for a sixteen-year-old who has been battling cancer, but you really cannot help but love her. The same goes for Augustus Waters too. I think these characters were so great and so easily loveable because they just carried on being normal. I also kinda guessed what was going to happen towards the end of the book. (Namely because John Green can't write a book without killing me ever so slightly somehow). And I sobbed like a baby. I felt that Hazel's grief was my grief too. Yet Green dealt with the subject so beautifully, and that really is a testament to his writing skills. So whilst I wasn't fully surprised in the way the story went, I was so touched by it. And the ending filled me with so much hope, not only for Hazel but for every single character in that book. What didn't work for me: An Imperial Affliction and The Price of Dawn are not real books. Not cool John, not cool.The Fault In Our Stars is going to be a book that I push into the hands of everyone I possibly can. I know this review probably doesn't make much sense, so if you take away only one thing from it, I want it to be this: The Fault In Our Stars is one book that you must, must read. Because you're really missing out on YA at it's very finest if you don't.