The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaThe buzz that is been surrounding this book has been unavoidable. I don't normally buy hardback books (namely because they cost a lot more than most paperbacks), but I broke the rule for this one, and I am so pleased that I did. What worked for me: This book just made me happy. I loved reading it, and had a stupid little grin on my face as I did so. The whole concept of the book made me smile, the thought of fate causing you to not only miss your flight by four minutes but also meeting someone who you fall in love with is just brilliant. And the best part was, it wasn't insta-love. Well, maybe it was. But it was believable. I found myself routing for Hadley and Oliver to get together throughout the entire book, right from when the characters first meet in the departures lounge. And it's length was perfect, at just over 200 pages. Also, I thought that Hadley and Oliver were great characters. Both had their flaws and imperfections, and that's what made me love them even more. And on the topic of British boys, I would love to know where all the Oliver's are hiding. Because in my little corner of the country, there are none. Well, there may be a couple that are want to swipe the odd bottle of whiskey, but that's not the kind of bloke I want to know. I loved the mention of Hadley's claustrophobia. And the elephant. I thought Smith was very clever in tying up all the elements of her story, everything that was mentioned in those 240 pages was relevant, in some way. What didn't work for me: I can't really think of anything that didn't work for me. I suppose there were parts of the book (namely the ski trip flashback) where I was frustrated at Hadley for treating her dad the way she did, but even those issues get resolved at the end.Overall, I felt that this was a really great contemporary read. It filled me up with warm and happy feelings, and this definitely has a great re-readability factor. I can't wait to read some more by Jennifer E. Smith (I have the rest of her titles on my ever-growing wishlist) as I have a feeling that she's going to shoot up my list of favourite authors.