Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaWhen I first started reading Jellicoe Road, I never thought that I would enjoy it as much as I did. I found the beginning to be confusing - so many characters to be introduced to, as well as those two storylines that soon became tightly interwoven with each other. I also couldn't connect to Taylor, I just really did not like her. Then all of a sudden, seven chapters in, I found myself absorbed with this book, and read the remainder all in one sitting. I began to understand Taylor and the why she acted the way she did. I started connecting with characters from both storylines, and I really could not read this book fast enough.I've seen so many positive reviews of this book, and now that I've read it, I can understand why. This book is nothing short of brilliant, and it just makes me want to purchase every single one of Melina Marchetta's books and read them all. Her writing in Jellicoe Road is excellent, and it doesn't fall flat once. Yes, the first 100 or so pages are slightly confusing, and it's a little slow-paced at the beginning, but that just adds to the excellence of this book. Not only did Marchetta manage to create a captivating storyline, she also managed to create wonderful characters (every single character in this book was realistic, from Taylor and Jonah to the secondary ones like Chloe P and Trini) and backed all that up with her beautiful writing style. This book couldn't have fallen flat, even if it had tried. As I mentioned before, Taylor was a character who grew on me, very slowly at first, then when more of her story unfolded, I fell in love with her. Just like I fell in love with Jonah, Raffy and Santangelo. Although, out of all the characters in the book, I think I loved Ben the most. There was just something about him that really endeared him to me, and I know that if he were real, we would most likely be friends. I loved how he stuck up for Taylor right from the very beginning, and how he was able to understand Taylor's plans without her having to spell them out to him. I also loved the romance between Taylor and Jonah, and how it didn't take away from Taylor's story. It simply added to it. I cannot gush about this book enough. I've barely touched on the plot, namely because I don't want to ruin it for anybody until they experience this book for themselves. I absolutely adored it, and I plan on recommending it to everyone around me until they read it and realise the brilliance that is Jellicoe Road.