Mockingjay  - Suzanne  Collins This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaLiterally a minute after I completed Catching Fire, I grabbed my copy of Mockingjay and started reading. This series was too addicting to not finish there and then, however, after the climatic endings of both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I was slightly disappointed with Mockingjay. I'm going to try very hard to not include any important plot points, as I don't want to give anything away for people and ruin this book for them, as I think it's definitely a book that you need to read and develop your own thoughts and opinions on.Again, in Mockingjay, Katniss displays some incredible character development. We see her go through things you would never expect her to go through, and I think that this was one of Mockingjay's strong points. Collins kept you guessing throughout the entire book, you never quite guessed what was going to happen next, just when you thought you'd sussed the plot out, something different happened and it completely blew me away. I really loved that, and it kept me absolutely glued to the book, I was so desperate to find out what would happen next! I can, however, see why people would say that they were slightly disappointed with the ending of this book, it did seem to be a little weak, and I really felt for Katniss when she found out that she would be going back to District 12 alone, with only Haymitch and a few others for company, I really felt she needed her family, especially with all that she had gone through within this book alone. Whilst I was happy with the ending, I do see why other people wouldn't be as satisfied as they could be.Overall, this was an explosive end to the trilogy that had me hooked from the very first page to the very last. It was definitely emotional, especially the latter part of the book. Collins had already proved that she was a great writer with the first two books in her series. This book just cemented it.