The Eternal Ones - Kirsten Miller This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaI'm so unsure over my feelings for this book. I enjoyed reading it, and it kept me entertained to read it in a day, yet I can't say I enjoyed it enough to love reading it. It's been on my wishlist for a while, and when I saw it at the library, I couldn't resist picking it up.The flashback idea was something that I really liked, and I thought that Miller pulled it off very well. The thought of Haven having visions of a past life was something that had drawn me to read this book, so I was very pleased in the way that it was presented to me. I liked how the visions affected Haven too, she was unconscious when they occurred, yet she was still able to remember everything that had happened in them. I thought that this was a nice way for me to understand the relationship between Constance and Ethan.Another part of The Eternal Ones that I really enjoyed was Haven and Beau's relationship. I loved Beau's character, he provided a lot of humour, and also seemed to voice everything that I wanted to say to Haven when she was making poor decisions. However, I did feel that his anger towards Haven when she left for New York was a little too convenient, and made her decision so much more easier than what it should have been. Also, she didn't struggle over leaving her mother! I get that the town was cruel and nasty and had turned on Haven, but I really didn't think that the ease that Haven left for New York with was all that realistic.As far as the love interests go in this book, I really did not 'click' with Iain. I found him to be far too overprotective of Haven, and he lied far, far too much! As the story progressed, I did understand his actions, yet that did not make me like him! I didn't like the way Haven seemed to always go running back to Iain too - she thinks he's a killer, yet she goes back to live with him?! I much preferred Adam over Iain, even after all Adam's motives and plans were revealed to me.The Eternal Ones had so many twists and turns to it, and I reckon that had I not been fully concentrating on the story, I would have missed a vital point of the plot. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact, that was what kept me glued to the book. However, I doubt that if I'd have read this over the course of a couple of days that I would have been able to remember or understood so much of the plot as I did. I have so many questions left over from this book, and I'm hoping that the second book has all the answers in it! I'm not sure if I'm quite invested enough in this series to continue reading it, perhaps only if the sequel finds its way into my local library. The Eternal Ones, whilst it was a good read, and I can understand why people would enjoy it, just wasn't the book that I expected it to be. Perhaps that's my fault for going into it with such high expectations!