Intangible - J. Meyers This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaIntangible is a book that I've been excited to read for a long time. So when I received an e-mail off the author asking me if I'd be interested in reviewing this book, I didn't have to think twice about accepting it. I loved the originality of Intangible. Of course, teenagers with superpowers is nothing new, but Luke and Sera weren't your typical teens. They didn't act like superheroes, even though Sera tried her hardest to do good with her gift. I understood why Luke thought of his gift as more of a curse, because he had visions of his twin's death. And as the blurb says, his visions always come true. And Luke wanted nothing more than to change the outcome of his visions, and was distraught when he couldn't. He never gave up, however, and I found that to be really admirable of him.I thought Sera's character was great. She wanted to heal everyone and make them happy, even if it meant keeping everyone but her brother and their friend Fey at arms length. She wasn't afraid to stand up for herself or for others who needed help, and I loved that quality about her. It was nice to read about someone standing up to a high school bully, instead of being the bullied person. And even though Luke didn't agree with her over why she occasionally used her gift to push negative thoughts into people, I did, even if the people didn't know what was going on.I loved the fact that the perspectives of the chapters changed, as it helped us to gain a better insight into the characters. When Marc was first introduced, he just appeared to be another bad guy doing someone else's bidding. Then the more we learned about him, the more I could understand why he had agreed to help the Shadows. His gift really was like a curse at times, especially when his painful migraines occurred, and he wanted to be cured from that pain. And I had to ask myself, if I were in his shoes, would I have done the same? He really became attached to the twins, particularly Sera, and I could see why he was torn between turning them over to the shadows, yet he knew that if he didn't, the pain he would suffer at the hands of the Shadows would be horrific. Marc's exit wasn't completely unexpected, but I found myself frustrated at how he blamed Sera and Luke for everything that had happened to him.I was surprised to see vampires appear in Intangible, but they gave the story an added edge, and really helped the action to skyrocket towards the end of the book. I loved Jonas and how there was still a part of him that was human, or at least had some sense of humanity left. He didn't want Lilith to harm anyone unnecessarily, and he used the fact that she would not harm him to his advantage all the time. He was an integral part to Intangible, and I'm excited to see how he plays a part in the next book!Intangible was a book that had me hooked from the word go, and finished with an ending that has me impatiently waiting for a sequel to appear! It was one of the best paranormals I'd read for a long time, and a very promising start to what looks like an extremely exciting series.I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.