The Iron Daughter  - Julie Kagawa This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaIt's no real secret that I love Julie Kagawa's writing. The Iron King was an amazing introduction to the land of NeverNever, and I couldn't wait to continue with the series. I started reading The Iron Daughter in May, for the fourth Bout of Books read-a-thon, but never finished it until August. And I am really kicking myself for waiting so long to read this book! Let's just say, it was pretty awesome. In the first book, I liked Meghan, but I found her to be rather annoying at times. This was the case during The Iron Daughter, but at the same time, I found myself to really begin to care for her. The book started pretty traumatically for her, not only is she imprisoned in the Winter Court, she's ignored by Ash, frozen into a human ice statue and inadvertently is a reason why Queen Mab declares war on the Summer Court. This all happens within the first one hundred pages of the book. Talk about action packed! The plot doesn’t properly get going until Ash and Meghan escape the winter court, and this doesn’t come without its perils. Meghan’s fey side shows a lot more in this book too, especially towards the end when she finally works out how to use her abilities. She’s grown up a lot more since The Iron King, she doesn’t get on my nerves as much, which makes the book only more enjoyable! Puck makes a grand return during The Iron Daughter. He’s there when Ash leaves Meghan, and there’s a nice few scenes between him and Meghan, which was something to make all the Puck fangirls cheer, I’m sure. (I am a fan of Puck, but I much prefer Megan with Ash.) Grim is also back, and in full sarcastic force. And a character makes a return from The Iron King. Ironhorse, remember him? Well he’s back, and easily took the crown of my favourite character for The Iron Daughter. He’s loyal to the core, and only wants to serve the Iron Realms true leader. I found the ending to be slightly predictable as the events folded out, but at the same time, I was kind of surprised at Ash’s actions. He seemed to constantly blow hot and cold, (I know he has his reasons, but it still frustrated me!) but it was lovely to see that his love for Meghan won out in the end. I really do think they’re an awesome couple.The Iron Daughter is a brilliant continuation with The Iron Fey series. I can’t wait to see what happens next in The Iron Queen, especially after the events of book two!