Switched  - Amanda Hocking This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaSwitched was a book that I’d heard a lot about, yet I wasn’t hooked enough to make sure I grabbed a copy at the first available opportunity. However, I couldn’t resist grabbing it when I saw it at the library, and it was definitely a good decision. Trolls are not the first thing that come to mind when I think of a paranormal creature. In fact, I’d be pretty hard-pushed to even include them in a list of paranormal creatures. That was what I liked about Switched. It was a little different, a fresh twist in a genre that has been pretty extensively covered. I liked how the Trylle were written too, and the idea that they all had some kind of special power. Wendy has literally no clue that the Trylle exist, let alone that she is one of them. At first, I kind of found her to be incredibly bratty, what with her hot-temper and sometimes bad attitude. I know she understood and appreciated what her brother and aunt did for her, and that was why she was trying so very hard to control herself. Unfortunately, I didn’t connect with Wendy as much as I wanted to. Whilst I appreciated that she missed her brother and aunt after Finn whisked her away, I didn’t get why she kept acting up. There were times when I was cheering for Wendy, and then times when I wanted to shake some sense into her. I loved the cast of the characters that Hocking created. Matt was the over-protective older brother who really reminded me of my own brother, and I loved how much he cared for Wendy. Finn was definitely a character who needed sorting out though! He blew hot and cold so many damn times, I kind of just wanted him to leave Wendy alone and have done with it. And Seth! He was possibly my favourite male character (along with Tove, why wasn’t Wendy attracted to him?!), and he had to deal with being a human living in a completely foreign world. I’m so pleased he was able to escape that world and finally meet the family he had been torn away from.Overall, Switched was a great introduction to the Trylle trilogy. I thought the concept was great, trolls and changelings combined equals a lot of action! Hocking’s writing was wonderful, and I’m looking forward to reading the second book.