Anna Dressed in Blood  - Kendare Blake This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaYou know that there are certain books that get released and you just know you will enjoy them? Like, regardless of what happens in them, you will love the book and everything that happens in it? I’m a sucker for a horror/ghost story, and, if I’m being honest, the more gore the better! Yeah, Anna Dressed in Blood totally fit the bill for me!I’m not entirely sure why, but I was pretty sure that Anna Dressed in Blood took place in the Victorian era, so when I started reading it and realised that it was actually set in the present day, I was pleasantly surprised. I immediately took to Cas. He was the kind of character that I enjoy reading, he wasn’t flawless, but he had a focus in his life, which happens to be killing the dead. He didn’t make friends, because he was constantly moving around chasing the dead, but all that changed with this latest move. Thomas and Carmel arrive in his life and refuse to leave him alone, which I loved. Friendship played a pretty large part in Anna Dressed in Blood, and it was so nice to see. It wasn’t forgotten about when Anna and Cas’ relationship developed, which was great, as it can so easily happen in books!I wasn’t expecting the bond between Cas and Anna to develop in the way that it did, and I think that’s why I loved it so much. They kind of stumbled into their unconventional relationship, and discovered more about each other and why Anna didn’t murder Cas as soon as he stepped into her house. I really enjoyed discovering Anna’s past and how she was murdered, although I wasn’t expecting it to be as traumatic as it was for her. When I learned more about her past, I really felt for her, and it was easy to not view her as a monster but as more of a victim of her past. My one problem with Anna, and I know I’m in the minority here, was that there wasn’t as much gore as I wanted. From what I’d gathered from reading other reviews in the past, this book was full of blood and guts and gore, almost to the point of the unreadable. And for some, I guess that is the case. But not for me. And I am well aware that I’m probably the only person who has said that about this book. I was just expecting more blood and guts than I actually got, I guess. Anna Dressed in Blood was a fantastic story, full of action with a fast-paced plot and a slow-forming, well-articulated love story. I couldn’t get enough of this book, and cannot wait to get my hands on Girl of Nightmares to find out what happens next with Cas and Anna!