I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You  - Ally Carter This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaSometimes you just want to read a book that won’t make you think incredibly hard, will make you smile and leave you feeling satisfied at the end of it, right? That is exactly what I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You was for me. It was a really nice and a light change from what I had previously been reading. It was great to read a book that was pure fun, instead of a book that made me question everything about my life as I knew it.I found Cammie to be a completely hilarious main character! I knew right off the bat that she was one of the best spies in her school, but I suspected she wouldn’t have too much experience with things outside school, like talking to boys, and I was right. Her friends Liz and Becca were great too, and I loved reading about the friendship between the three, and how Macey slowly became a part of that group too. Reading about their driving lessons had me cracking up, and I both wished I was a part of them, and was extremely glad that I would never have to drive on the same road as Becca! The relationship between Josh and Cammie was cringey, funny and brilliant all at once. Going through his rubbish and hacking into his email account was a little over the top, but I can totally see it as being something the Gallagher Girls would think as being the normal thing to do in this kind of situation! I knew Cammie would get caught out with her lies, but I was so glad there wasn’t a huge dramatic fallout that can occur in books. The ending where Josh tried to rescue Cammie was absolutely hysterical too, and the end had me wondering whether the tea he drank was normal, or the memory-altering stuff Cammie’s mum kept for times like that. As a character, however, Josh didn’t leave a great impression on me, but he helped to keep the book entertaining.But one of my most favourite things in this book was the fact that even though Cammie was a brilliant student, and a great spy, she wasn’t the best at every single thing she did. She struggled with Covert Ops and all its details, and hated the fact that the teacher pushed them so hard. Watching her struggle with school made her so much more normal for me, and it really helped me relate to her. I knew there was a reason Mr Solomon pushed Cammie so hard, although I would have never guessed the reason why. I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You was a total departure from anything else I have ever read in the past, which I think helped me to love it even more. It makes a lovely change to read something that was completely fresh, and I couldn’t make a comparison to another book, because I haven’t read anything like it. I’ll definitely be continuing with this series, and I really look forward to picking up the second book!