Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaWhen I first picked up Obsidian, I was so worried that I wouldn’t enjoy it as much as everyone else in the blogosphere seems to have done. But I am happy to report that this is not the case, I loved Obsidian from start to finish. I knew right from the off that there was no chance of me not loving Obsidian, because it was simply awesome.I adored Katy. It was so nice to read a book with a main character who has a bit of a backbone to her! Yes, she was insecure, particularly about her body, but, let’s face it, what teenage girl isn’t? Especially when she’s swimming with a hot guy? I was so proud of her when she dumped her lunch tray over Daemon and Ash, because it was totally deserved. Why should someone be humiliated and not stand up for themselves? (Answer: they shouldn’t.) And I LOVED the fact that she didn’t really apologise for it either. It was nice that Katy was a book blogger too, as it helped me connect with her a little more. In fact, the only time I really had a problem with Katy in Obsidian was in the scenes involving her high school dance. Why on earth did she agree to go to the after-party?!I’m not ashamed to admit that I swooned incredibly hard over Daemon. I quote, from my Evernote note of this review: “Hot damn. That is one alien I can get into.” I don’t really know how else to describe Daemon. His snark, his rudeness and his hotness all blended together and had me pencilling him into my list of book crushes. I honestly have nothing new to add to the ‘I love Daemon Black’ discussion. Everything I want to say has already been said, and you have probably either read it before, or experienced it yourself. The action scenes in Obsidian were great, especially the one at the very end! I never doubted Katy’s ability to save Daemon and Dee, even though Daemon thought her to be next to useless when it came to doing most things. I couldn’t get to the end of the book fast enough, because I just had to know what happened and how Obsidian would end. I’m not normally a fan of sci-fi and aliens, but I was a huge fan of Obsidian, because it wasn’t written like a sci-fi or alien story. There wasn’t tons of facts about how things came to be, and the aliens in Obsidian weren’t very alien like. For the most part, I could imagine Obsidian to be a contemporary, even with the small Daemon is an alien references thrown in on occasion. Obsidian has definitely turned me into a Jennifer L. Armentrout fan. If I could have, I would have immediately bought everything in her back catalogue as soon as I finished reading Obsidian, because her writing is so addictive and her characters are so brilliant. If you haven’t read this book (and I’m really talking to the minority here) then you need to stop what you’re doing, read it, and swoon over Daemon Black. That is all.