Sweet Venom  - Tera Lynn Childs This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaI picked up Sweet Venom thinking it would be a good introduction to the mythological YA genre I’ve been missing out on. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t enjoy Sweet Venom as much as I expected to.Sweet Venom had a ton of potential to be a book that blew me away, but it just didn’t do it for me. I feel like I need to stress that this isn’t a bad book by any stretch, it’s just a book that I couldn’t enjoy. My favourite scenes in the book had to be the ones that involved the different monsters, as they provided a ton of action and interest to the story. I love it when books contain demons of any kind, mythological or not, so that was definitely a huge plus for me.I couldn’t really connect to any of the triplets which really sucked, and I think that was what stopped me from enjoying Sweet Venom as much as I wanted to. I found Gretchen way too cold throughout most of the book, especially with her sisters. Grace was too nice, but it was nice to see her stick up for her friends and herself (eventually!), and Greer was way too bratty for me to bear. I did feel sorry for Greer when it came to her parents, however. Her mother was incredibly nasty, although I wondered if that was because she knew a lot more about Greer’s future than Greer realised.I don’t think I’ll actively be searching out the rest of the books in this series. If they appear in my library, I might pick them up, but if not, I highly doubt I’ll continue this series.