Overprotected - Jennifer Laurens This review was first posted on Music, Books and TeaI picked this up as a freebie e-book off Amazon, and, as I’d heard positive things about Jennifer Laurens’ work, I thought that I’d give it a go when I was in the mood for a quick and fun read.I liked the concept of Overprotected, and it was nice to watch the main character, Ashlyn, grow up and mature throughout the course of the book. She did get a little close to being bratty on occasions, but it was understandable a lot of the time. The romance between Colin and Ashlyn was cute, and I really enjoyed reading about the pair.It was interesting to see Ashlyn’s parents marriage breakdown, I didn’t expect it to be included in the book, but it’s something that happens a lot in real life, so why wouldn’t it happen in the book? I did predict the dramatic ‘twist’ that happened towards the end though, as soon as the hints started appearing in the book, I knew what would happen.Overprotected was a fun and quick read, and I’ll definitely be checking out more of Jennifer Laurens’ work in the future.