Soulless - Gail Carriger, Gail Carriger I am in awe of this book. I loved it. I didn't think I would like it, if I'm honest. I kind of put off reading it when I first started. How silly of me. As soon as I got more into the book, I was sucked in. The drama. The characters. The tea! I found Soulless to be a wonderful take on the supernatural spin, the thought of working alongside vampires, werewolves and ghosts really clicked with me. I appreciated it, it was nice to see a story where the supernatural weren't treated as outcasts.Alexia's character was wonderful, I loved how strong-willed she was, and how she was everything she was not supposed to be. She was intelligent, and didn't make silly decisions. Just how I like my main female characters to be! Her exchanges with Lord Maccon (swoon!) were brilliant, I loved how they just sparked off of each other. The seconary characters were also superbly written. Floote is the butler that everyone wished they could have in their home, always there at the exact moment you need him, and always ready with a tea tray. Professor Lyall, Lord Maccon's beta, ever-organised, ever-loyal, with a good sense of humor to boot. I loved how typically British he appeared to me, his character really made me smile! And, who could forget Lord Akeldama. A flamboyant rove vampire who has some beautful pet-names for Alexia, he is certainly a character that not only paints a picture in your mind, but forces you to pay full attention to him at all times. Overall, this was an excellent book. Full of wit, wonderful characters and a gripping plot line. What more could you ask for?